Vivian Howard’s Holiday Gift Guide
Get inspiration for your food-loving family members and friends
You may be one of those holiday shoppers who already has stacks of beautifully wrapped presents under a sparkling Christmas tree.
Or you may be like the rest of us who still have a long list of holiday shopping to do.
Either way, you’re in luck. This week on Vivian’s Instagram story, she shared some of her favorite items to give away as gifts this holiday season. We collected the list here to facilitate easier gift-buying.
Let’s hope her family and friends aren’t paying too much attention or they may find out what’s in their stockings.
- Here’s the perfect gift for the person on your list who loves to entertain: the Cuisinart 12-inch Rectangular Buffet Server ($79.95) allows the host to bake a main or side dish and keep it warm on the buffet throughout the meal or party.
- Spicewalla’s 18-tin Kitchen Essentials spice pack ($95) is ideal for either a beginner cook who needs to stock their spice cabinet for the first time or that relative who hasn’t cleaned out their spice cabinet since the Reagan administration. Vivian loves Spicewalla, an Asheville, N.C. company that does small-batch, hand-processing of spices.
- A splurge-worthy gift for that very special person on your list would be the Cuisinart Espresso Defined™ Fully Automatic Espresso Machine ($999.95). This espresso machine will turn the recipient into the house barista who will hopefully churn out macchiatos and cappuccinos all Christmas morning.
- The best gift for a home cook is the gift that keeps on giving: a cookbook! Vivian loves a couple cookbooks that have come across her desk this year: “Midwest Made: Big Bold Baking from the Heartland” by Shauna Sever ($30) and “Saltwater Table: Recipes from the Coastal South” by Michelle Otawka ($40).
- Vivian has one more book recommendation for that “Steel Magnolia”-loving reader on your list: “Southern Women: More Than 100 Stories of Innovators, Artists, and Icons” by the editors of Garden & Gun magazine ($32.50). It is filled with profiles of inspiring Southern women.
- Vivian believes that one of the most underrated kitchen tools is a grill pan; it’s the ideal size to sear a steak or cook vegetables. She recommends the Cuisinart’s Chef’s Classic™ Enameled Cast Iron Cookware 9.25" Square Grill Pan ($39.95).
- Vivian recommends Bee Our Guest Beeswax Wraps ($16-$20) for anyone on your gift list who is trying to reduce their reliance on single-use plastics. These handy reusable wraps are ideal for packing sandwiches and snacks in lunch boxes or to use instead of plastic wrap to cover food in the refrigerator.
- Shhh! Don’t tell Flo but Vivian’s daughter is getting the Cuisinart’s Ice Cream and Gelato Maker ($299.95) for Christmas. It’s the perfect gift for mother-daughter kitchen fun.
- To go with that ice cream maker, consider buying Haand Ice Cream Bowls ($24 each). These pretty porcelain pottery bowls are made by hand in Burlington, North Carolina and come in four colors: white, black, azalea pink and robin’s egg blue.
- A holiday gift list from Vivian Howard would not be complete without a couple edible items. She loves the Chocolate Panettone from chef Roy Shvartzapel’s online bakery ($60), a classic Italian holiday treat; and Durham, N.C.’s Counter Culture Coffee’s single use bags ($9.99-$19.99 for five-pack or 10-pack).